Saturday 9 March 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 47

Block 47 Nearly Insane Quilt (Red and White)
Block 47 Nearly Insane Quilt (Red and White)
Another  block completed.  I am really pleased with the colour choices I made for Block 47 of the Nearly Insane quilt, I think they are so pretty.  Not a difficult block, but yet again, no name. The more blocks I do, the more particular I am becoming about my colour choices and what contibution it will make to the overall quilt.
Cat wearing Elizabethan Collar, helping with patchwork
Sparky wearing Elizabethan Collar, helps with Block 47
I am really enjoyed sitting down and doing some hand piecing.  I have also had the company of Sparky whilst I cover my papers.  He is wearing a rather stylish 'Elizabethan Collar' (popularised by Elizabeth I, and Lady GaGa, no less!), as he has recently been to the V-E-T.  Sparky has always had 'special' eyes, so special that the V-E-T has decided to keep one for herself.  He is coping really well with his new monocular vision, and is much brighter than before his visit to the V-E-T.  He is keen to scratch the healing wound, so until we are confident it won't be harmed, the fashion accessory remains.  Nevertheless, his company is always welcome whilst I am sewing. Joining up with Feline Friday


NUMBER OF PIECES: 36
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 1/2" (12.5mm) x 1/2" (12.5mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Triangle, 1 3/8" (35mm) x 1 3/8" (42mm) x 2" (50mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: Tried and True Raindrops Garnet(04273) by Nanacy Halvorsen, Benartex
Northcote Range, by Cabbages and Roses #35204 -21 by Moda
Check The Bias Apple Red #5495-11 Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for  Moda
Tiny Flower Print (Unidentified)
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful block and fabric choices! Poor Sparky :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric choices for a very interesting block! Sparky is quite the fashionista, although I doubt if my cat chooses to follow this "fad". I hope his wound heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{{{{{{gentle healing hugs for Sparky}}}}}}} ... Many years ago we had a kitty who went through a similar experience; she adapted quite well and lived a happy life. Sparky looks quite consoled with a little fabric and sewing therapy. So good that your quilty kitty is feeling up to helping you make your pretty blocks.

    Thanks for sharing on Feline Friday ... Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Sparky - I hope he recovers quickly and can change in to some more modern accessories! Love the block - that cross just jumps out at me - very 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, poor guy - but if that eye was killing him, I bet he was a whole new cat after it was taken out. We had a guy a while ago who had to get an eye removed, and he was soooooo much happier afterward. And I'd been terribly heartbroken for his loss. . . heh! Animals and kids, eh? They adapt so easily.

    ReplyDelete