Saturday 16 March 2013

Happy International Quilt Day!

24 hours ago I didn't even know that there was an International Quilt Day, but thanks to the internet and all the quilting bloggers, word got out, even to the UK.
I have the weekend to myself this weekend, and planned to put some time into quilting my red and white pinwheel quilt (however much I would love to be making more Nearly Insane blocks!).  I thought I would plant myself in front of the television and sew - but what to watch?
Thanks to the shout out by Missy Shay, I learnt that The Quilt Show, hosted on the internet by Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms are broadcasting their shows for FREE over the International Quilt weekend celebrations.  After registering and entering my new log in, I have even managed to project the shows from my iPad on to the main television using our Apple TV - I am cookin' with gas!

So far I have seen Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr, Sue Garman, and Gina Perkes, as well as making some stitching progress on the red and white pinwheel quilt.  Besides a break to watch the first race in the Formula 1 Motor Racing from Australia, I will be watching the back catalogue of the Quilt Show and stitching.
Happy International Quilt Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment